Online enrollment with Benefits Connect is simple, secure and can be done in a few minutes from any computer with internet access. After enrolling online, you will have access to your benefit information 24 hours a day, from any computer.
What You Need To Get Started
During the enrollment process you will be asked to provide some basic information that you should have available.
- Your social security number
- Dependent social security numbers and birth dates
User Name and Password
Initially your user name and password are defaulted to a standard format. Upon completing your first login you will be prompted to change your password. Let’s walk through a sample login.
Your user name is made up of the first six letters of your last name, followed by your first initial and the last four numbers of your social security number. The initial password for the system is your social security number (without dashes). Note: If your last name is not six letters please use your entire last name, first initial and last four of your social security number as your username.
- Employee Name: Matt Sample
- Social Security Number: 949-12-1234
- User Name: samplem1234
- Password: 949121234After
Entering Personal Profiles
After your initial login, the system will take you to the PERSONAL INFORMATION section. Please complete all fields. Bolded fields are required, and must be completed. When you have completed all of the fields, click save & continue to proceed to the next screen.
Entering Dependent Profiles
The system will now take you to the DEPENDENT INFORMATION section:
- To enter a spouse, click the icon under Spouse, enter information, and click Save.
- To enter a child, click the icon under Children, enter information, and click Save. If your child is age 19+ and enrolled as a full time student, you must indicate so under School Information to make them eligible for benefits.
- To edit a dependent, click the pencil icon next to the dependent you want to edit, make changes, and click Save.
- Note: You only need to add dependents that you would like to enroll for coverage. You will choose which dependents to enroll for each plan when you reach the election screens.
When you are finished entering dependents, click Save & Continue.
Making Benefit Plan Elections
Next, the system will take you to the BENEFIT PLAN ENROLLMENT Section. Each benefit and your options will be displayed one by one.
- To enroll in a plan, check next to the plan, and check any dependents you want to cover. If applicable, indicate the amount for which you would like to enroll.
- To waive coverage, check next to I waive enrollment.
- For information about a plan, click View Plan Outline of Benefits.
- For plans provided by your company at no cost to you, enrollment is already checked.
Click Save & Continue after each benefit selection.
Completing Your Enrollment
Once you have gone through enrollment for each plan available, the system will take you to the CONSOLIDATED ENROLLMENT FORM page. This screen will show you a summary of the information you entered and the benefit elections you made.
- To complete the enrollment process – Click “Finished”
- If you need to log off before completing enrollment, any data you entered will be saved.The next time you log on, you will be taken directly to the last saved screen.
- Always make sure to log out upon completing any action on the system.
- For Online Enrollment Technical Assistance – Call ABC Companies Benefits at 800-220-4227 x6 and customer service will assist you. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. If you are prompted to leave a message, someone will return your call within 1 business day.